Join us in celebrating Tango in all its beauty and glory
The Pune Tango Community invites you to the
Pune Tangotsav 2023
15th Dec, 2023 (Fri) through 17th Dec, 2023 (Sun)
Venue: Poona Club, Pune Camp (15th & 16th Dec) and
Poona Club Golf Course, Yerwada (17th Dec)
Meet The DJs
On the 15th and 16th of December, the Tangotsav venue is at the Poona Club, one of India’s oldest clubs exuding old-world charm and a lively ambiance. This venue is air conditioned with a wooden floor and is centrally located.
On 17th December, the venue is a charming air-conditioned area overlooking the Poona Club Golf Course lush greens in Yerwada.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the dates of the event?
15th to 17th December 2023 in Pune (Fri, Sat, Sun)
What should I expect if I am participating in the event?
25+ hours of dancing, a live orchestra, a special tango event, a souvenir to celebrate 11 years of tango in Pune and above all, a shared love for tango.
Who all are expected to register for the event?
All tango dancers, including DJs, photographers, and volunteers are required to register by filling up this form.
What is the venue for the event?
On 15th and 16th December, the Tangotsav venue is at the Poona Club, one of India’s oldest clubs. This venue is air conditioned with a wooden floor and is centrally located. The address is Poona Club Ltd, 6 Bund Garden, Pune 411001
On 17th December, the venue is a charming air conditioned area overlooking the lush greens of the Poona Club Golf Course in Yerwada. The address is 6 Airport Road, Yerwada, Pune 411006.
What is the registration fee for entry to the milonga?
|Pass type||Early Bird |
(ends Nov 30)
|After Early Bird|
(starts Dec 1)
|On the spot|
(starts Dec 15)
|3 Day Pass (Fri, Sat, Sun)||Not available||₹4500||₹5000|
|2 Day Pass (Sat, Sun)||Not available||₹4000||₹5000|
|Single day pass||Not available||₹2000||₹2500|
How can I register for the event?
Fill up your details here
How do I pay? What is the accepted mode of payment for registration?
- Google Pay – UPI ID 9604132468@hdfcbank or scanning the QR code below.
(To download the QR code, click on the image and then save to photos)
- Net banking:
(If you face errors while making UPI payment please use “Bank transfer” option on the Google Pay App to make an NEFT payment)
- Account Number: 50100566216989
- Bank Name: HDFC Bank
- Bank Branch: Aundh, Pune
- Account Holder Name: Manish Dharmani
- IFSC Code: HDFC0000052
What is the schedule of the event?
The schedule is available here.
I am traveling from outside the city. What are the accommodation options?
Here are some accommodation options. We will update these so please continue checking. Meanwhile, if you find something that should be included in this list, please let us know.
|Poona Club||0 KM, an option for affiliate club members|
|Hotel Ritz||3-star, Rated 3.9, 0.5 KM Away|
|Shantai Hotel||3-star, Rated 4.1, 1.2 KM Away|
|Laxminarayan Niwas||3-star, Rated 4.3, 1.5 KM Away|
|Villa Maria||3-star, Rated 4.3, 2.5 KM Away|
|Hotel Central Park||4-star, Rated 4.1, 0.6 KM Away|
|Aurora Towers||4-star, Rated 4.1, 0.9 KM Away|
|Treebo Trend Town Plaza||3-star, Rated 4, 1.1 KM Away|
|Hotel Shree Panchratna||3-star, Rated 4.3, 2.2 KM Away|
|O Hotel||5-star, Rated 4.2, 3.9 KM Away|
|Sunderban Resort||3-star, Rated 4.2, 4 KM Away|
|Park Central Hotel||3-star, Rated 3.8, 4.2 KM Away|
|Lemon Tree Premier||3-star, Rated 4.3, 0.75 KM Away|
|Crowne Plaza||5-star, Rated 4.1, 2.1 KM Away|
|Sheraton Grand||5-star, Rated 4.5, 2.7 KM Away|
|Conrad||5-star, Rated 4.6, 3.7 KM Away|
We can also try to pair you up with a local host (subject to availability of space and willingness to host). Please email email@example.com on or before 6th Dec, if you need to be hosted locally.
What are the eateries near the venue?
Things we have considered in the recommendations is to include close by options, starting breakfast and other meals during the day, a mix of Maharashtrian and other cuisines around the world, special options for the Pure Veg or Pure Non Veg, some local favorites, mix of street food like to fine dining and links are provided to Zomato for further reviews and directions!
Cafes: (For breakfast and later)
- Aamhi Pohekar: Pohe varieties, Street Food, Maharashtrian
- Irani Café: Iranian, Fast Food, Bakery, Desserts, Beverages
- Chafa Café And Studio: Healthy Food, Continental, Italian, Fast Food, Sandwich, Desserts, Beverages
- Café Peter: Sandwich, Pizza, Pasta, Korean, Salad, Desserts, Beverages
- The Voyage: Continental, Fast Food, Italian, European, Healthy Food, Desserts, Coffee, Beverages
- Café Pro: Pizza, Sandwich, Beverages, Desserts, Fast Food, Street Food
- Grandmama’s Café: Italian, Continental
- Le Flamington: European
Lunch and Dinner options
- The Great Indian Khau Gully: North Indian, Chinese, Biryani, Seafood, Mughlai, Kebab, Desserts, Beverages
- Cream Craver: North Indian, Chinese, Sandwiches, Street Food
- Surve’s Pure Non-Veg: Maharashtrian, North Indian, Mughlai, Biryani
- Mayur Veg Thali: Maharashtrian, North Indian, Rajasthani, Beverages
- Mona Food: North Indian, Chinese, Mughlai, Fast Food, Desserts, Shake, Beverages
- Ram Krishna: South Indian, North Indian, Chinese, Sandwich, Fast Food, Street Food, Desserts, Beverages
- Supriya, South Indian
- The Place – Touche the Sizzler: Sizzlers, Continental
- Chinese Room: Chinese, Asian
- Pimlico: Cafe, Italian, Beverages, Pizza, Sushi, Continental, Salad, Fast Food
- Aragma: Continental, Italian, Asian, American
- Mosaic: North Indian, Fast Food, American, Beverages, Desserts, Asian
- Mazdana: Continental, North India, Italian
- Effingut Bistro: Continental, Pizza, Indian, Microbrew
Will any tango workshops be conducted?
No, there are no Tango workshops. However, if it is your first time, you are most welcome to join, watch and connect with the community.
What is the Special Tango Event – Social Champions?
Pune Tango, in its efforts to pay tribute to the roots of tango, is holding a very special event called Social Champions this year. This tango evening will be unlike any other you have been to before!!
This year, we are keen to honor skills that are inherent to tango – “the social dancing skills”. While we all love a good show, it’s the simple stuff that we wish to celebrate with you.
On one or more days of the festival, the milonga will be paused momentarily and a few participants will be picked at random to improvise tango with an unknown partner to an unknown song.
How do I participate?
1. Register as an individual who wishes to showcase their skills as a social dancer. The participant must have a minimum active dancing experience of 2 years.
2. On the day of the event, a leader – follower pair will be picked at random. This will be done by using the chit in a hat system. It will be open for all to see.
3. Additionally, a song name will be picked from a hat for you to improvise to.
4. If your name gets picked out, the floor is yours for 1 song after that!
The love and adoration of the crowd and a chance to showcase and celebrate your social dancing skills, which take years to master.
There may be 2 to 3 couples in each round. If we receive an overwhelming number of entries, it is possible that we may not be able to accommodate everyone. The names will be picked at random from a hat, so it is left to chance.
Will I be issued a refund in the unfortunate event that I have to cancel my participation at the event? Can I cancel after registering?
- Cancellations on or before 30th November 2023: 100% refund
- Cancellations after 30th November 2023: No refund
- All refunds will be processed within a week of completion of the event
I do not use any online banking channels. How can I register for the event?
Find a friend who uses online banking channels, pay them the registration amount in cash (or kind 😀), and request them to pay online for you. Do not forget to ask your friend to send you a screenshot of the payment. Then fill up the google form linked below per usual.
What are the options to get around Pune?
- Uber, Ola, Rickshaw’s can be booked online.
- Rickshaw’s can be waved at!
- Public buses (a couple of blocks) and metro (15 min walk) is available from the venue.
- Best option is tag along with local PTC members 😊
Who can I reach out to for general queries?
For general queries, you can reach out to Anand via WhatsApp